What is commercial use?

You will need to register with NICNAS if you import and/or manufacture relevant industrial chemicals for commercial purposes—that is, for use in a business or for resale.

Examples of non-commercial use, which does not require NICNAS registration, include:

  • personal use—i.e. use by an individual not in connection with a business activity
  • teaching purposes
  • non-profit research
  • charity.

Last update 25 October 2019