Standard or Limited notifications
Limited (LTD) notifications
LTDs are for chemicals fitting one of these categories:
- small-volume chemicals, biopolymers, and low MW synthetic polymers (NAMW <1000 Da)—that is, chemicals to be imported or manufactured at a rate of up to 1 tonne/12-month period
- site-limited chemicals, biopolymers, and low MW synthetic polymers (NAMW <1000 Da)—that is, chemicals restricted to their manufacturing site and manufactured at a rate of not more than 10 tonnes/12-month period
- synthetic polymers with NAMW >1000 Da that do not meet the PLC criteria.
Standard (STD) notifications
STDs are for chemicals, biopolymers and low MW synthetic polymers (NAMW<1000 Da) imported or manufactured at greater than 1 tonne/year that do not fulfill the requirements of any other category.
Your application must consist of:
- the completed application form for an assessment certificate (Form-1), including the information about the chemical—comprising parts A, B and C* of the schedule (* for STD only, unless available for LTD), Part D for synthetic polymer or biopolymer, and Part E for an ultraviolet filter used in a cosmetic and applied to the skin
- any other information about the chemical available to you
- (where required) applications to exempt information based on confidentiality or to vary the schedule of data requirements
- any application for third party information (Form 5).
NICNAS assesses a STD or LTD notification within 90 days of the date of accepting your completed application and fee. However for applications made under Approved Foreign Scheme categories, the time frame is 60 days.
Standard assessment: $19,440.
Limited assessment: $13,910.
Last update 8 April 2019