Standard or Limited notifications
Limited (LTD) notifications
LTDs are for chemicals fitting one of these categories:
- small-volume chemicals, biopolymers, and low MW synthetic polymers (NAMW <1000 Da)—that is, chemicals to be imported or manufactured at a rate of up to 1 tonne/12-month period
- site-limited chemicals, biopolymers, and low MW synthetic polymers (NAMW <1000 Da)—that is, chemicals restricted to their manufacturing site and manufactured at a rate of not more than 10 tonnes/12-month period
- synthetic polymers with NAMW >1000 Da that do not meet the PLC criteria.
Standard (STD) notifications
STDs are for chemicals, biopolymers and low MW synthetic polymers (NAMW<1000 Da) imported or manufactured at greater than 1 tonne/year that do not fulfill the requirements of any other category.
Your application must consist of:
- the completed application form for an assessment certificate (Form-1), including the information about the chemical—comprising parts A, B and C* of the schedule (* for STD only, unless available for LTD), Part D for synthetic polymer or biopolymer, and Part E for an ultraviolet filter used in a cosmetic and applied to the skin
- any other information about the chemical available to you
- (where required) applications to exempt information based on confidentiality or to vary the schedule of data requirements
- any application for third party information (Form 5).
NICNAS assesses a STD or LTD notification within 90 days of the date of accepting your completed application and fee.
Standard assessment: $19,440.
Limited assessment: $13,910.
Last update 29 July 2018