Who can make an application for notification and assessment of a new chemical?

If you are a manufacturer or importer of a new industrial chemical, you can apply for a permit or assessment certificate for the chemical.

Do not apply for a permit or assessment certificate if you do not intend to manufacture or import a new chemical.

Two or more manufacturers or importers may make a joint application (with a single fee). NICNAS issues a permit or certificate to each successful applicant.

If the application is for a joint notification, each applicant needs to be an introducer of the chemical.

Joint applications are not allowed for self assessments.

To seek an extension for the certificate, each certificate holder must sign a form agreeing to the extension.

Last update 29 July 2018