How to notify a chemical
Step-by-step guide to notifying a new chemical
Now that you have determined you must notify NICNAS about your new chemical, here are the processes you need to follow.
Click through the links below for a step-by-step guide, or click directly on a link for the relevant information:
- Who can make an application for notification and assessment of a new chemical?
- Statement and certification
- Submitting information
- Withdrawing notification
- Applications, notification statements and other documents
- Confidential commercial information
- Method of paying assessment fees
- Screening applications to notify a new chemical
- Requests for more information
- Providing new information during assessment
- Assessment process and reports
- Issuing an assessment certificate
- Transferring an assessment certificate
- Record keeping and annual reporting
Submission tips for new chemical assessments
Once you have read the step-by-guide above, you will find these submission tips useful:
Data requirements for new chemical notifications
The data you must submit for the assessment of your new chemical can vary, depending on the type of chemical.
Last update 17 August 2017