How to notify a chemical
Last update 30 November 2016
Step-by-step guide to notifying a new chemical
Now that you have determined you must notify NICNAS about your new chemical, here are the processes you need to follow.
Click through the links below for a step-by-step guide, or click directly on a link for the relevant information:
- Who can make an application for notification and assessment of a new chemical?
- Statement and certification
- Submitting information
- Withdrawing notification
- Applications, notification statements and other documents
- Confidential commercial information
- Method of paying assessment fees
- Screening applications to notify a new chemical
- Requests for more information
- Providing new information during assessment
- Assessment process and reports
- Issuing an assessment certificate
- Transferring an assessment certificate
- Record keeping and annual reporting
Submission tips for new chemical assessments
Once you have read the step-by-guide above, you will find these submission tips useful:
Data requirements for new chemical notifications
The data you must submit for the assessment of your new chemical can vary, depending on the type of chemical.