How to notify a chemical
If your chemical is not on the Inventory and you are not eligible for an exemption or permit, you must apply for an assessment certificate for your chemical before importing or manufacturing your chemical (introduction).
Your chemical will NOT be listed on our chemical Inventory for the 5 year term of your assessment certificate (unless you apply for early public listing on the Inventory).
Step-by-step guide: apply for a chemical assessment certificate
- Who can make an application for notification and assessment of a new chemical?
- Statement and certification
- Submitting information
- Withdrawing notification
- Applications, notification statements and other documents
- Confidential commercial information
- Method of paying assessment fees
- Screening applications to notify a new chemical
- Requests for more information
- Providing new information during assessment
- Assessment process and reports
- Issuing an assessment certificate
- Transferring an assessment certificate
- Record keeping
Submission tips for new chemical assessments
Once you have read the step-by-guide above, you will find these submission tips useful:
Data requirements for new chemical notifications
The data you must submit for the assessment of your new chemical can vary, depending on the type of chemical.
Last update 23 December 2019