How to notify a chemical

If your chemical is not on the Inventory and you are not eligible for an exemption or permit, you must apply for an assessment certificate for your chemical before importing or manufacturing your chemical (introduction).

Your chemical will NOT be listed on our chemical Inventory for the 5 year term of your assessment certificate (unless you apply for early public listing on the Inventory).

Step-by-step guide: apply for a chemical assessment certificate

Submission tips for new chemical assessments

Once you have read the step-by-guide above, you will find these submission tips useful:

Read tips

Data requirements for new chemical notifications

The data you must submit for the assessment of your new chemical can vary, depending on the type of chemical.

General data requirements for new chemicals

Data requirements for new chemicals containing perfluorinated carbon chain

Data requirements for new industrial nanomaterials

Notification fees

Click here for notification fees

Last update 23 December 2019