Data requirements for notification of new industrial nanomaterials
Last update 30 November 2016
As of 1 January 2011, a new industrial chemical that falls under the working definition of an 'industrial nanomaterial' is not permitted to be introduced under some exemption and self-assessment categories.
This applies to any new chemical meeting the working definition of 'industrial nanomaterial' provided in NICNAS working definition of industrial nanomaterial.
The following explain the data requirements for notifying NICNAS of a new industrial nanomaterial:
- NICNAS working definition of industrial nanomaterial
- Exemption categories
- Permit categories
- Certificate categories
- Specified conditions for requesting additional data requirements
- Guidance on providing additional data requirements
- Guidance on testing health effects of nanomaterials
- Guidance on testing the environmental fate and effects of nanomaterials