Data requirements for notification of new chemicals containing a perfluorinated carbon chain
This section contains an action plan for assessment and management of chemicals which may degrade to perfluorinated carboxylic acids (PFCAs), perfluoroalkylsulfonates (PFASs), and similar chemicals.
Information below outlines our default position for assessing potential health and environmental hazards for notification of new chemical substances containing a perfluorinated carbon chain, and additional data requirements, particularly for cases where a notifier believes that the default position should not apply for a specific chemical:
- Regulatory actions
- What perfluorinated chemicals are covered?
- What does this mean for a Notification?
- Refinement of NICNAS defaults
- What are the notification options for notifiers?
- Existing chemicals assessments
Last update 22 November 2018