If you do not use the our annual reporting template to report exemptions, you can upoload your own (*.txt) text delimited file (Word or Excel) following these guidelines:
Ensure you read this information about what each field means.
The document must be in this order:
- Distinguishing name (mandatory)
- Chemical name (leave column blank if unknown)
- CAS number (leave column blank if unknown)
- Quantity or quantity range (mandatory)
- Use category (mandatory)
- Use environment type (mandatory)
- Exempt from publication requested (mandatory)
- If yes enter: y, 1 or yes.
- To waive request for exemption from application enter: n, 0 or no.
The file must also be a tab delimited text file (*.txt) (Word or Excel)
The text file must not contain:
- Column headings
- Formulas or macros - to eliminate formulas:
- select the data
- select copy (from edit menu)
- right click anywhere in the selected data range
- select paste special
- select values and click OK
- Commas, backslashes or decimal points
- Abbreviations such as n/a.
- Unnecessary spaces - to eliminate spaces select the empty columns and select delete
Converting an Excel file to tab delimited text file
To convert to a *.txt file, select save as and set the save as type (from dialogue box) to Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt).
A dialogue box will appear stating only the current worksheet will be saved. Click ok.
Another dialogue box will appear stating there are incompatible features between Excel and tab delimited file - click yes to convert.
The new file will look messy but DO NOT change it as any spaces, tabs or other changes may render it incompatible for uploading to the online module.
If you need to make changes you will have to go back to your original worksheet and repeat the save as process.
Uploading the tab delimited text file
- In exemptions, select the button Import Report
- select import bulk data from NICNAS specified tab delimited file
- select Go
- select Browse from the screen that appears and navigate to your file
- select your file
- click on the upload button