- Amendment of chemical names and addition of molecular formulas
- Deletion of a chemical
- Chemicals added to the Inventory following issue of assessment certificate
- Chemicals added to the Inventory 5 years after issue of assessment certificate
- New chemicals full public reports
- Early introduction permits
- Low volume chemical permits
- Draft secondary notification assessment on Irgalube 232 for public comment
Deletion of a chemical
The following entry on the Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances (the Inventory) with the incorrect CAS RN 541509-70-0 was deleted at the end of the legislated three month consultation period, in accordance with section 20AA of the Industrial Chemicals (Notification and Assessment) Act 1989 (the Act) (see October 2018 Gazette). No objections to the proposed deletion were received.
|CAS number||Chemical name|
|541509-70-0||maleic anhydride, styrene copolymer, esters with butanol, C8-10 alcohols, C12-18 alcohols, salt with aminopropylmorpholine|
As a result of this deletion, the chemical actually represented by the CAS RN 541509-70-0 “2-propenoic acid, methyl ester, polymer with ethenylbenzene and 2,5-furandione, Bu C8-10-alkyl C12-18-alkyl esters, compds. with 4-morpholinepropanamine” is now considered to be a new chemical as defined under Section 5 of the Act. The introduction of such a new chemical is subject to Section 21 of the Act and the associated requirements prescribed in the Regulations 1990.
Last update 5 February 2019