PRIORITY EXISTING CHEMICALS—RELEASE OF FINAL REPORT ON BUTYL BENZYL PHTHALATE
A Priority Existing Chemical (PEC) assessment of butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP, CAS No. 85-68-7) has been conducted under the Commonwealth Industrial Chemicals (Notification and Assessment) Act 1989 (ICNA Act), as amended.
In accordance with the ICNA Act (section 60D & E), the draft PEC report on BBP was released to the applicants for factual corrections (1 to 29 May 2015); and then for public comment (2 to 30 June 2015). During the public comment period there were no requests to the Director to vary the report.
NICNAS is now publishing the final PEC report on BBP (PEC Report No. 40) in accordance with section 60F of the ICNA Act. This report is available electronically from the NICNAS website (www.nicnas.gov.au).
The publication of this report revokes the declaration of BBP as a PEC under section 62 of the ICNA Act. Although BBP ceases to be a PEC following the publication of this report, the secondary notification requirements under section 64 of the ICNA Act continue to apply, including a requirement that companies provide NICNAS with any additional information that becomes available regarding adverse effects of BBP on occupational health and safety, public health or the environment.
A printed copy of the BBP report (PEC Report No. 40) is also available on request (free of charge), by contacting NICNAS at:
GPO Box 58
Sydney NSW 2001
Toll free: 1800 638 528
Fax: (02) 8577 8888
Table of Contents
- SPECIAL NOTICES
- PERMITS ISSUED
- NEW CHEMICALS FULL PUBLIC REPORTS
- AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES
- NOTICE OF AMENDMENTS TO THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES—PROPOSAL FOR DELETION
- NOTICE OF AMENDMENTS TO THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES—DELETION OF CHEMICAL
- NOTICE OF AMENDMENTS TO THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES—CORRECTION OF CHEMICAL
- NOTICE OF CHEMICALS ELIGIBLE FOR LISTING ON THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES FIVE YEARS AFTER ISSUING OF ASSESSMENT CERTIFICATES
- NOTICE OF CHEMICALS ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE LISTING ON THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES AFTER ISSUING OF ASSESSMENT CERTIFICATES