Priority Existing Chemicals
PRIORITY EXISTING CHEMICALS—RELEASE OF FINAL REPORT ON DIISODECYL PHTHALATE AND DI-N-OCTYL PHTHALATE
Diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP, CAS Nos. 68515-49-1 and 26761-40-0) and di-n-octyl phthalate (DnOP, CAS No. 117-84-0) have been assessed as Priority Existing Chemicals (PECs) under the Commonwealth Industrial Chemicals (Notification and Assessment) Act 1989 (ICNA Act), as amended.
In accordance with the ICNA Act (sections 60D & E), the draft PEC report on DIDP and DnOP was released to the applicants for factual corrections (17 December 2014 to 22 January 2015); and then for public comment (3–31 March 2015). During the public comment period there were no requests to the Director to vary the report. NICNAS is now publishing (in accordance with section 60F of the ICNA Act) the final PEC report on DIDP and DnOP (PEC Report No. 39). This report and a fact sheet (a plain English guide on the use and potential health effects of DIDP and DnOP) are available electronically from the NICNAS website (www.nicnas.gov.au).
The publication of this report revokes the declaration of DIDP and DnOP as PECs under section 62 of the ICNA Act. Although DIDP and DnOP cease to be PECs following the publication of this report, please note that the secondary notification requirements under section 64 of the ICNA Act continue to apply, including a requirement that companies provide NICNAS with any additional information that becomes available regarding adverse effects of DIDP and DnOP on occupational health and safety, public health or the environment.
A printed copy of the DIDP and DnOP PEC report (PEC Report No. 39) is also available on request (free of charge), by contacting NICNAS at:
GPO Box 58
Sydney NSW 2001
Toll free: 1800 638 528
Fax: (02) 8577 8888
Table of Contents
- SPECIAL NOTICES
- PERMITS ISSUED
- NEW CHEMICALS FULL PUBLIC REPORTS
- AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES
- NOTICE OF CHEMICALS ELIGIBLE FOR LISTING ON THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES FIVE YEARS AFTER ISSUING OF ASSESSMENT CERTIFICATES
- NOTICE OF CHEMICALS ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE LISTING ON THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES AFTER ISSUING OF ASSESSMENT CERTIFICATES
- NOTICE OF AMENDMENTS TO THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES—CORRECTION OF CHEMICALS
- NOTICE OF AMENDMENTS TO THE AUSTRALIAN INVENTORY OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE—DELETION OF CHEMICAL