NICNAS is committed to providing professional, flexible and prompt service. As part of this commitment we will;
- treat you with courtesy
- answer your inquiries promptly
- act objectively.
- act with transparency in the decision-making process.
- identify ourselves to you and our correspondence will have full contact details.
- acknowledge or finalise your written communications within 7 days
- acknowledge emails within 24 hours
- keep you informed of progress where there are unavoidable delays
- follow up your telephone messages within 24 hours
- endeavour to refer you to the appropriate organisation should your inquiry be outside NICNAS's scope
- provide up-to-date information in plain language and in electronic format
- respect your rights to privacy and confidentiality
- be available for meetings.
Your interaction with us
To allow us to help you, when dealing with us we expect that you will:
- treat us with courtesy
- provide us with accurate information in a timely manner.
- abide by all legal requirements/obligations regarding the importing or manufacturing industrial chemicals.
The Australian Government requires those who undertake lobbying activities on behalf of a third party when interacting with us to register on the Australian Government’s Register of Lobbyists. Lobbyists can include regulatory affairs consultants who interact with OCS staff in an effort to influence a regulatory decision (such as by argument or persuasion).
Feedback includes compliments, complaints, suggestions or any information about our program delivery, services or performance.
You can provide feedback using our online form or by calling us on Free Call: 1800 638 528 | Phone: +61 2 8577 8800.
There may be occasions when you feel we have failed to meet our service standards. If you have any reason to be unhappy, we want to know so we can improve our service and help to resolve your issue.
If you do have a complaint you should:
- try to resolve your issue with the staff member you are dealing with or ask to speak to the staff member's manager if you are not satisfied.
- telephone or write to the Director. The Director will respond to any written correspondence within 10 days.
Review of decisions - appeals process
If you wish to lodge an appeal against a notification and assessment decision, we will advise you of available avenues.
Australian public service values
We commit to our staff individually and collectively upholding the Australian Public Service Values:
- committed to service
Read more about the Australian Public Service Values on the Australian Public Service Commission website.
Last update 29 July 2018